Air freight services provide significant advantages in terms of time and cost for the transportation of goods. In fact, it’s generally the fastest option for freight transportation.
Air freight also provides a high level of security. Goods shipped by air are much less likely to be damaged or lost in transit than those shipped by other means. This is because there are strict security procedures in place to protect their shipments.
What is Air Freight?
Air freight is the transportation of goods by aircraft. This can be done either by chartered flight or by using the cargo capacity of an airline. It is generally the fastest option for freight transportation, but it is also the most expensive.
The main advantage is its speed. Goods can be transported from one end of the world to another in a matter of days, as opposed to weeks or months by sea freight. This makes air transportation an attractive option for businesses that need to move products quickly, that are time-sensitive or perishable.
The main disadvantage on the other hand is its cost. Shipping goods by air is generally more expensive than shipping them by sea due to high fuel costs.
What is the difference between air freight and air cargo?
Airfreight is the term used when shipping goods by air. Air cargo, on the other hand, refers to the actual shipment that is delivered through the aircraft.
Air cargo can be either chartered or scheduled. Chartered cargo is flown on a specifically commissioned flight, while scheduled cargo uses the regular cargo capacity of an airline.
What are main types of air cargo?
There are three main types of air cargo: express, general, perishable and dangerous.
- Express air cargo – Express air cargo is the fastest and most expensive type. It is used for shipments that need to be delivered quickly and require a high level of security.
- General air cargo – General air Cargo is used for shipments that do not need to be delivered quickly and do not require a high level of security.
- Perishable air cargo – Perishable air cargo is used for shipments that need to be kept at a certain temperature, such as food or flowers.
- Dangerous cargo – Dangerous cargo is any type of shipment that may be harmful to people, animals, or the environment. This type of cargo requires special handling and packaging.
How Much Does Air Freight Cost?
Air freight services provide significant advantages in terms of time and cost for the transportation of goods.
Our prices are very competitive; with connections all around the world. We will make sure your goods will travel by the fastest and most economical route to your destination.
To find out how much it will cost to air freight your goods, please contact us with the details of your shipment.
How Long Does it take to deliver Air Cargo?
The time it takes to deliver air cargo depends on the destination. Generally, air cargo is delivered more quickly than ground transportation.
To find out how long it will take to air freight your goods, please contact us with the details of your shipment.
What Is CBM And How Do You Calculate It?
CBM is the abbreviation for “cubic meters.” It is a unit of measurement used to calculate the volume of cargo. To calculate the CBM of your shipment, you need to know the dimensions of the cargo in meters.
Cargo Length x Width x Height = CBM
provide an example, let’ say you have a box 2 meters long, 2 meters wide and 2 meters high. Based on these information we know that volume is 2 x 2 x 2 = 8 m³.
If you need to ship three boxes, the total CBM of your cargo would be 8 m³ x 3 = 24 m³.
What are Benefits of Choosing Air Freight Services?
There are several benefits of choosing air freight services, including:
- Speed – Air freight is the fastest option for freight transportation. Goods can be transported from one end of the world to another in a matter of days, as opposed to weeks or months by sea freight.
- Cost – Shipping goods by air is generally more expensive than shipping them by sea. This is because of the high fuel costs associated and special checks. However, the speed of air freight often makes it a more cost-effective option for businesses that need to move products quickly. Costs are also affected by the season and availability of space.
- Security – Air freight is a good option for transporting goods that require a high level of security.
- Flexibility – Air freight services offer a high degree of flexibility in terms of schedules and locations. This makes it an ideal option for businesses that need to transport goods on a tight schedule or to remote locations.
What Are Disadvantages Of Air Freight?
There are some disadvantages of air freight, including:
- High cost – The high cost of fuel makes air freight one of the most expensive options for shipping goods.
- Security checks – In cases of shipping special cargo a security check may occur, which can drive shipping cost higher. Since in these situations some special techniques are being used. However, this procedure is random and not very likely to happen.
- Limited capacity – There is a limited amount of space available on aircraft for cargo, which can make it difficult to transport large shipments by air.
- Environmental impact – Airfreight has a significant impact on the environment due to the emissions released by aircraft. This is something that is becoming increasingly important as businesses look for ways to reduce their environmental impact.
The best way to track your air cargo shipment is to contact us as we’re tracking it’s position for you. Since online tracking services can fail to update their data, we’re able to give you information from real time.
Air freight security procedures are designed to ensure the safety of goods being transported by air. These procedures typically include the use of security seals, tamper-evident packaging, and tracking devices.
An air waybill is a document that accompanies goods being shipped by air. It includes information on the sender, recipient, and other details about the shipment.
An air freight forwarder is a company that specializes in the transport of goods by air. They typically have contracts with multiple airlines, which gives them access to a wide range of shipping options.